- Rangashankara: Built in memory of movie star Shankarnag, Ranga Shankara in JP Nagar is popular for drama performances. Theatre festivals are best time to experience multiple curated plays http://www.rangashankara.org/
- Ravindra Kalakshetra: Centre for theatrical activities and performances
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath: Home to paintings by artists such as Nicholas Roerich, Svetoslav Roerich, Srikanta Shastry Kukke, H K Kerjriwal and Krishna Reddy among others, Chithrakala Parishath is a must visit for every art lover. One of the leading fine arts institutions in the country, the Chitrakala Parishath hosts numerous activities including performances, folk theatre, photography exhibitions, puppet shows and musical recitals. It also houses five art galleries which are hired out to artists who wish to showcase their work. It also houses the Chitrakala Vidyalaya, a college of fine arts offering courses in painting, sculpture, graphic art, applied art, etc.
- National Gallery of Modern Art: A raj era mansion situated on a 3.5 acre piece of land, the National Gallery of Modern Art houses paintings, sculptures and drawings from the late 18th century. It displays works by famous Indian artists like Raja Ravi Varma, Amritha Shergil, Ravindranath Tagore, Nandalal Bose, Jamini Roy and also works of other international artists. It also houses a vast library and a heritage shop.
- Indian Music Experience: The Indian Music Experience (IME), located in JP Nagar is India’s first and only interactive music museum. An initiative of the non-profit Indian Music Experience Trust, IME is supported by the Brigade Group. Spread across 50,000 sft, IME has permanent and temporary exhibits spread across three floors including a Sound Garden. It also includes a Performance theatre, terrace amphitheater and seminar hall. The main objective is the appreciation/ awareness of the diversity of Indian music, from the traditional to the contemporary through exhibits, performances and learning activities.
- Standup Comedy: Several standup comedy sessions are held throughout the city. Event details and tickets can be obtained online on Bookmyshow and other websites.
For more information click here
Department of Kannada and Culture, Karnataka State